Cost per recipe $16.00 view details
- 1 pound lean pork, coarsely grnd
- 1 pound lean ham, coarsely grnd
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 c. soft bread crumbs (white baker bread, broken up by hand, crusts and centers)
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Glaze: Bring to a full, rapid boil.
- Mix hamball ingredients together with hands. Form into 2 inch small egg size balls by squeezing tightly 4 times into shape. Place hamballs, side by side, in a glass/enamel baking dish. Pour the boiled glaze mix over the hamballs, covering each one by spoon if necessary. Cover loosely with foil (do not seal edges around pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs. 45 min on first side; turn each hamball over. Spoon glaze over hamballs again. Bake 45 min on second side. During the last 30 min, remove foil and periodically spoon glaze mix over the hamballs. Serves 6-8 people, 6-10 hamballs/person. Traditionally served with German potato salad and baked beans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1371g|
|Calories from Fat 548||26%|
|Total Fat 61.1g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 19.33g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 172.72g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|