A sweet, savory, & Colorado recipe for Passover or anytime. Use softened Matzahs w/ eggs & seasoning for the savory type, or sugar, cinnamon, & fruit for the sweetened variety. Use Hebrew National salami and experience the midwest flavor. Always a favorite, anytime!
- 5 dry, full size Matzahs
- 5 eggs, whipped with a fork
- I yellow onion large diced
- seasonings such as garlic pepper, to taste
- bowl with warm water to cover matzas
- butter or margarine
- sour cream
- Just change the seasonings to:
- cinnamon, sugar for sprinkling & top w/ fruit
- Colorado Style:
- Grilled Salami (Hebrew National) quarter slice & onions 1" slice
- Top with sour cream
- Soak Matzahs in warm water for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Whip eggs with fork in separate bowl.
- Drain Matzahs and break up into eggs and combine.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet and pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Saute on med-low heat until desired crispiness.
- For savory, season while cooking.
- For sweet version, season AFTER removing from pan.
- For Colorado style, saute Hebrew National salami then add onions
- Turn over once like a huge pancake, or chop up into smaller pieces with a spatula and turn.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side and remove to plates, divided into 4-6 servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 265||85%|
|Total Fat 29.98g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 16.93g||68%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.46g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|