Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter cut up,
- Â Â plus more as needed
- 3 c. lowfat milk
- 4 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp coarse salt plus more
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne paper or possibly to taste
- 3 c. grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 c. grated Swiss cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 2 1/2-qt casserole dish; set aside.
- Hot the lowfat milk and tomato paste in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cheddar cheese, and 1/2 c. Swiss cheese; set the cheese sauce aside.
- Cover a large pot of salted water, and bring to a boil. Cook till pasta is al dente, about 7 min. Drain well in a colander. Stir macaroni into reserved cheese sauce.
- Pour mix into prepared dish. Top with remaining 1/2 c. Swiss cheese, and dot with butter. Bake till golden and bubbling, about 45 min. Serve warm with lowfat sour cream, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 301g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 292||41%|
|Total Fat 33.24g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 20.65g||83%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.63g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|