classic one here. A simple, fuss free, easy apple cake.
Basically you just need to stir the ingredients together and pop some apples on top. You can dust it with vanilla icing sugar when it has cooled down if you like.
- 200 g flour
- 50 g cornflour
- 2 eggs
- the juice and the zest of one organic lemon
- 2 tsp of raising agent
- 125 g sugar
- 120 g butter
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- for the topping:
- 3 apples
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C.
- In a bowl work the butter to a creamy consistency (an electric mixer would make it easier).
- Gradually add the sugar, eggs, vanilla essence, salt, juice and zest of the lemon.
- Incorporate well then add the flour, the cornflour and the raising agent. Stir well and add the milk.
- You should get a mixture which falls heavily from the spoon, not to runny, not too thick.
- Pour it all in a round cake tin.
- Peel and slice the apples into quarters, scrape them with a fork and lay them on the cake.
- Put the cake on the lower rack of the oven and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Switch the oven off, take the cake out but leave the oven door shut.
- Stir the jam with the hot water and when the cake is cooked spread it all over it and put it back into the hot oven for 5-10 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 123||34%|
|Total Fat 14.0g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.22g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 55.24g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|