Cost per serving $2.20 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â (1 turn around the pan)
- 1/2 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage - (to 2/3)
- 1/2 lb bulk warm Italian sausage - (to 2/3)
- 3 x garlic cloves crushed
- 1 sm onion finely minced
- 1 can chunky style crushed tomatoes - (28 to 32 ounce)
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed, liquid removed
- 20 x fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 lb ziti rigate (with lines) cooked al dente
- Â Â Crusty bread
- Â Â Grated Parmigiano or possibly Romano for passing at table
- Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil and add in sausage. Break up meat as it browns. Add in garlic and onion and cook 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add in tomatoes and beans and simmer 2 or possibly 3 min.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in basil to wilt. Combine sausage mix with cooked macaroni and serve immediately with grated Parmesan or possibly Romano and crusty bread.
- This recipe yields 4 large servings.
- Comments: If your butcher counter does not have bulk sausage, buy links and split casings to remove bulk sausage meat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 303g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 358||66%|
|Total Fat 39.72g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 13.43g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.2g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|