An easy confection ~ not a cookie, not a candy, but a cross somewhere between. No cooking, no baking. Easy to make though a little messy. Enlist the kids to help roll them and they'll have a fun activity to share in the kitchen with you. A variation recipe “S’more Snowballs” uses graham crackers, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and optional nuts (see that recipe below under “Useful links”). You might want to make a half batch of each using ½ can of the condensed milk in each.
- 3 Â½ to 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut (more or less as needed)
- In large bowl combine 3 Â½ cups graham cracker crumbs, nuts, raisins (optional), marshmallows, and condensed milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are blended well. Dough should be able to be molded and stick together. If too sticky, add a few more reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Pinch off pieces about ping pong ball size and roll into balls then into coconut and place on waxed paper lined baking sheet. (I make some without rolling in coconut for those who prefer them that way.) Allow to set and dry somewhat, about Â½ hour. They should not be tacky whether they were rolled in coconut or not.
- Store in air tight container in fridge or serve immediately.
- Yield: about 60 snowballs.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 60 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||24%|
|Total Fat 3.07g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.98g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|