Cost per serving $1.80 view details
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 blood oranges
- Â¼ cup honey
- Â¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- 18 (Â½-inch-thick) slices French baguette, toasted
- Place goat cheese in small bowl. Finely grate 1-teaspoon peel from 1 blood orange; stir peel into cheese.
- Using vegetable peeler, remove peel (orange part only) in strips from remaining 3 oranges. Cut peel into 1/8- to Â¼- inch pieces and place in medium saucepan. Using small sharp knife cut white pith from all 4 orange. Working over another small bowl to catch juice, cut between orange membranes to release segments.
- Squeeze any remaining juice from membranes into bowl. Discard membranes. Coarsely chop orange segments and add to saucepan along with any juices. Add juices from bowl to saucepan.
- Stir in honey and Â¼ teaspoon coarsely group black pepper. Ring to boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered until thick and reduced to Â½ cup, stirring frequently, about 10 minute. Cool.
- Season with more ground black pepper to taste and with fresh lemon juice if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||48%|
|Total Fat 7.97g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5.51g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.12g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|