Cost per serving $3.12 view details
- 2Â 1/4 lb russet potatoes
- 1 lrg egg
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 3 c. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 13 ounce)
- Â Â Minced fresh chives
- Â Â Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pierce potatoes several times with fork. Microwave till tender, turning once, about 16 min total.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop potato flesh into bowl; throw away potato skins. Mash potatoes till smooth. Fold in egg. Sift flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg over potato mix; stir to combine. Knead gently.
- Divide dough into 8 pcs. Roll each piece on work surface into 1/2-inch-diameter rope. Cut dough into 1-inch lengths and make grooves in each piece with fork.
- Cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water till gnocchi are tender and rise to surface, about 5 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer cooked gnocchi to hot platter.
- Bring cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in Gorgonzola, whisking till melted. Spoon sauce over gnocchi. Sprinkle with chives and Parmesan, if you like; serve.
- This recipe yields 8 (first-course) servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 186||41%|
|Total Fat 21.13g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 13.18g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.65g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|