Since I am a Celiac, I have to find ways to enjoy some of the traditional foods for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love stuffing and to me it isn't a Holiday meal without the stuffing. So I found a way to enjoy this without having any cross contamination and is safe for me to eat.
This recipe can be made right in the bird, or as I do, because I am the only one who is Celiac, in a pan
- Gluten free bread crumbs. I save all the crust from GF breads and make my own.
- GF sausage meat, about 1/2 pound
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery,jchopped
- 1/2 tsp savoury
- 2 tbsp sage
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- enough Chicken broth or Turkey stock to moisten stuffing
- 1 egg
- Brown the sausage meat.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, onion, celery, garlic and spices together.
- Add the sausage meat.
- Add the melted butter and egg.
- Mix throughly, adding broth/stock to the mix till it is very moist.
- At this point you can stuff the bird or as I do.
- Place stuffing in a lightly greased pan, 8x8. Cover with foil. Place in a 350 oven for about an hour.
- During cooking time, continually add broth/ stock to the stuffing to keep it moist.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 125g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||74%|
|Total Fat 14.08g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.15g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.72g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|