This recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 Â½ â 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- Â½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan
- Â½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- Â¼ tsp nutmeg
- Â¼ tsp cinnamon
- Â½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas/raisins
- 1 organic egg
- Â¼ cup cold pressed canola oil
- Â½ cup to a cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- Â½ cup organic almond milk or soy milk
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven â about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.
- These muffins will keep in the fridge for a few days, or freeze really well in an airtight sealed bags for school lunches or work snacks.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 78g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||23%|
|Total Fat 6.37g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.08g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.93g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|