One of my favourite comfort foods - and so easy to make!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 Bowls
Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 2 large onions - spanish work best
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 litre low sodium GF beef stock
- 5 slices GF bread - toasted
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or swiss cheese (you can use 2 slices per bowl if you prefer)
- Chop onions and fry in butter until browned.
- Add fried onions to boiling beef broth.
- Turn down to minimum and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Toast the bread and cut into cubes.
- Place cubes into a french onion soup bowl.
- Pour soup over toast cubes and top with cheese.
- Bake in 350Â° oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble and slightly change colour.
- Serve hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||56%|
|Total Fat 6.08g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.69g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.61g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|