Cost per recipe $5.71 view details
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake
- 1 Â½ cups white rice flour
- Â¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp zanthan gum (or guar gum)
- 4 eggs
- 1 Â¼ cups white sugar
- â cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- Prepare Ganache recipe (below)
- Prepare Birdâs Custard (below)
- Preheat oven to 350ÂºF.
- Grease and flour two 9â round cake pans. (Use rice flour)
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar and mayo and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and milk.
- Mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. (Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Using a spatula, smooth a thick layer of custard over one of the cake layers.
- Place the remaining cake layer on top of the custard.
- Pour ganache over top of cake and smooth with a spatula, if needed.
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate pieces and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside and allow to thicken (But still fluid)
- Prepare Birdâs Custard Powder according to direction on the tin.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 931g|
|Calories from Fat 257||12%|
|Total Fat 28.79g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 10.94g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 452.24g||121%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|