- 2/3 c. butter or possibly margarine softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. fresh or possibly frzn cranberries thawed
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 5 x oranges peeled, sectioned
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 min or possibly till creamy; gradually add in sugar, and beat 5 to 7 min. Add in Large eggs, 1 at a time, beating just till yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking pwdr, and salt; add in to butter mix alternately with lowfat milk, beginning and ending with flour mix. Beat at low speed just till blended after each addition. Stir in ginger and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- by 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min or possibly till a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold in a pan on a wire rack 10 min; remove from pan, and cold completely on wire rack. Serve with Glazed Cranberry Ambrosia.
- For Glazed Cranberry Ambrosia: Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat 2 min. Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, 3 more min or possibly till cranberry skins pop. Remove from heat, and stir in orange rind. Cold 15 min. Stir in orange sections, and refrigerate8 hrs. (Makes 2 1/2 c.).
- This recipe yields 1 (9-inch) loaf.
- Yield: 1 loaf