Cost per serving $4.07 view details
- 3 ounce Apple smoked bacon, minced
- 1 ounce Garlic, minced
- 3 ounce Onion, minced
- 2 ounce Ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns, whole
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 x Arbol chili, stemmed and seeded
- 2 ounce Champagne vinegar
- 4 ounce Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 8 ounce Ketchup
- 1 c. Chicken stock
- 1/8 bn Basil, steeped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Warm pepper sauce
- Â Â Cracked black pepper to taste
- Â Â Kosher salt to taste
- 1Â 3/4 lb Pork loin, trimmed
- 1 ounce Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Orange zest, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked black pepper
- For the ginger orange glaze:In a warm saucepan add in apple smoked bacon and render.
- Add in garlic and lightly toast. Once the garlic is toasted, add the onions and ginger, (this will prevent the garlic from burning). Saute/fry till the onions are translucent/soft.
- Add the black peppercorns, bay leaf and arbol chili and stir occasionally. Deglaze with champagne vinegar and reduce by half. Add the orange juice and brown sugar then reduce till it is a thick syrupy consistency.
- Cover with ketchup and chicken stock and allow to simmer on low heat for one hour.
- Add in the basil. Season with Worcestershire and warm pepper sauce. Strain through a chinois.
- Season with cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
- Set aside for use on pork loin.
- For the pork loin:Light the grill.
- On a half sheet pan place trimmed piece of pork loin, rub it with canola oil and season with ginger, orange zest and salt and pepper.
- On a warm grill place pork loin fat side down and make grill marks on all sides.
- While you are grilling continuously brush the pork loin with ginger orange glaze till the meat is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove from grill, slice and serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 374g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 383||63%|
|Total Fat 42.68g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 12.79g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 33.32g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|