Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 1 c. Fine graham cracker crumbs about 8 full crackers
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter, cool cut into 1/4 inch pcs
- 1 lb Cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 lrg Large eggs, at room temp.
- 1Â 1/4 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. Golden brown raisins finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Candied ginger, Or possibly MORE (to taste) finely chopped
- Here's the recipe you wanted from Ken Haedrich's Home For the Holidays Butter the sides only of an 8-in. springform pan. Make the crust by mixing the cracker crumbs and 1 Tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Add in the butter and rub it in till all of the crumbs are dampened by the fat. Distribute the crumbs loosely but proportionately in the pan and press them in ; pushing them slightly up the sides. Cover and refrigeratewhile you make the filling; preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese, honey, and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the Large eggs one at a time, then add in the remaining ingredients and continue to beat till proportionately blended; use the greater amount of ginger if you want a pronounced ginger flavor, the lesser amount for a subtle effect. Scrape the filling into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min. Cold the cake thoroughly on a rack-it will take several hrs-then cover, still in the pan, and chill for 12 hrs before unmolding and slicing.
- Note: Ken Haedrich writes, "I have played around some with baking cheesecakes in a water bath, curious to see if it made any difference in the final cake. It seems to improve the texture a little bit, making it creamier. And I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but my water bath cakes do not split on top after they come out of the oven, perhaps
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 129g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 215||52%|
|Total Fat 24.34g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 13.06g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.89g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|