Cost per serving $3.17 view details
- 5 ounce peeled raw large shrimp
- Â Â For the marinade
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil as a seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- 1 sm piece fresh ginger peeled and finely
- Â Â minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. basmati rice
- 2/3 c. water or possibly as recommended
- 1/3 x cucumber
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 6 ounce snow peas trimmed
- 4 x thin scallions with greens diagonally sliced
- Â Â additional water
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro to garnish
- 1 Mix together the marinade ingredients, add in the shrimp and leave to marinate for 30 to 60 min.
- 2 Rinse then soak the basmati rice. Prepare the rice in a steamer.
- 3 While the rice is resting, prepare the cucumber: slice it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, then slice each half neatly into crescents. Set aside.
- 4 Drain the shrimp (reserving the marinade). Heat the wok and add in the oil; swirl to coat pan. Stir-fry the shrimp over high heat for 3 to 4 min, till they begin to turn pink. Add in the snow peas and the cucumber and stir-fry for 2 min more.
- 5 Stir in the reserved marinade, heat through, then stir in the scallions.
- Add in water if necessary to create a sauce which will glaze the vegetables.
- Add in fresh cilantro, stir and serve at once with rice.
- NOTES : Review: Cooked cucumber has a delightful flavor - intriguing. The lime juice becomes more pronounced as the dish cools. Recommend using freshest of ingredients in this subtle dish.
- The first thing Bob said was "hmmmmmm;-)" then he said, "I'd serve this to guests" so... here it a fast idea for a shrimp rice bowl.
- Recommend using rinsed and soaked basmati or possibly use jasmine so which the rice doesn't compete with the subtle shrimp.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 392g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||17%|
|Total Fat 7.54g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.01g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.37g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|