Here is something very quick, healthy and all to easy to fix up as a sweet dessert or snack dish. Use this when we are camping and backpacking as a nice capper to a day of hiking and the welcoming of a starry sky! Also works just fine when sitting at home as well and you want something sweet and still lean towards healthy food!
- 4 Apples (Whatever your favorite kind may be.)
- 2 TBS Granulated Maple Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon (Can go for 1 TSP if you like more bite.)
- 2 Graham Crackers crushed bread crumb status...
- Cut apples up into small chunks and discard core and seeds.
- In small cup or bowl mix Granulated Maple Sugar and Cinnamon well. Add Graham cracker and mix again.
- In a medium size bowl pour mixture over apples and toss with a spoon or the bowl itself and mix well.
- (also quite yummy if you heat it for a few minutes over your campfire :) )
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||9%|
|Total Fat 1.69g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.27g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.64g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|