- Cauliflower (florets only)- 1 lb 2 ounces
- Zucchini cut into small pieces-1 lb. 2 zs.
- Carrots-cut int osmall discs-1 lb 2 ozs
- Green Onions- 1lb 2 ozs.
- Mushrooms- cut in half-1lb 2 ozs.
- Scallions-1 lb 2 ozs.
- Red & Green Peppers- cut into small irregular pieces-1 lb 2 ozs.
- For the marinade:
- White Wine Vinegar-4 cups
- Dry White Wine- 4 cups
- Salt-2 tblsps
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- 1 bay leaf
- Blak Pepper to taste
- Grated Orange peel of one orange
- For Preserving:
- White Wine Vinegar-2 cups
- Dry White Wine-2 cups
- Green Peppercorns-2 tblsps
- Clean, cut and blanche vegetables (do nor overcook). Mix marinade ina bowl and palce in blanched vegetables. When vegetables are cooled, trasfer to preserving jars.
- Boil the vinegar and white wine for preserving together. Pour hot liquid over vegetables. Clean edges of jars and hermetically seal the jars. You can consume this immediately.