Giardinera copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
- Cauliflower (florets only)- 1 lb 2 ounces
- Zucchini cut into small pieces-1 lb. 2 zs.
- Carrots-cut int osmall discs-1 lb 2 ozs
- Green Onions- 1lb 2 ozs.
- Mushrooms- cut in half-1lb 2 ozs.
- Scallions-1 lb 2 ozs.
- Red & Green Peppers- cut into small irregular pieces-1 lb 2 ozs.
- For the marinade:
- White Wine Vinegar-4 cups
- Dry White Wine- 4 cups
- Salt-2 tblsps
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- 1 bay leaf
- Blak Pepper to taste
- Grated Orange peel of one orange
- For Preserving:
- White Wine Vinegar-2 cups
- Dry White Wine-2 cups
- Green Peppercorns-2 tblsps
Clean, cut and blanche vegetables (do nor overcook). Mix marinade ina bowl and palce in blanched vegetables. When vegetables are cooled, trasfer to preserving jars.
Boil the vinegar and white wine for preserving together. Pour hot liquid over vegetables. Clean edges of jars and hermetically seal the jars. You can consume this immediately.
How good does this recipe look to you?