Cost per serving $1.87 view details
- Â Â Makes 8 servings ghivetch, plus 6 servings salad and 6 servings squash boats
- 4 sm yellow crookneck squash, divided use
- 4 sm zucchini, divided use
- 3 med carrots, peeled and thinly sliced, divided use
- 1Â 1/2 c. fresh green beans, sliced into 1/2 inch diagonals, divided use
- 1 sm sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 stalk celery, sliced about 1/4 inch thick, on the diagonal, divided use
- 4 med tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges, divided use
- 1 med mild red onion, peeled and thinly sliced, divided use
- 1/2 lrg head cauliflower, cut into small florets, divided use
- 1 sm red bell pepper, cut in thin strips, divided use
- 1 sm yellow bell pepper, cut in thin strips, divided use
- 1/2 c. frzn green peas
- 1 c. beef stock
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 4 x cloves garlic, divided use
- 1/2 x bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dry savory
- 1/4 tsp dry tarragon
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 6 Tbsp. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (5 to 6 ounces) spring mix salad greens or possibly 1 medium head romaine
- Â Â lettuce, washed and dry
- 1/4 x a large English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Â 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1Â 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim ends from yellow squash and zucchini; thinly slice 1 squash and 1 zucchini.
- In ungreased shallow baking dish (about 13-by-9-by-2 inches), combine sliced squash and zucchini; 1 c. carrots; 1 c. green beans; sweet potato; 1/2 c. celery; 2 tomatoes; most of the onion; about 2/3 of cauliflower; 1/4 c. red pepper; 1/4 c. yellow pepper; and peas. Gently toss.
- In a small saucepan, combine stock; 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil; 3 cloves garlic, crushed; bay leaf, savory, tarragon and 1 tsp. salt. Bring to boil; pour over vegetables. Cover with tight lid or possibly double layer of foil. Bake 45 to 75 min, stirring once or possibly twice. Vegetables should be just tender and still colorful.
- To prepare squash boats: Halve lengthwise the remaining squash and zucchini.
- Cut off skinny necks of yellow squash and reserve. With small spoon, carefully scoop out insides from both types of squash, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Finely chop squash insides and reserved necks. In a small bowl, combine minced squash with salt and pepper to taste and grated cheese. Spoon mix into shells. Arrange in shallow baking dish. Chill, covered tightly with plastic wrap, till ready to cook. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees till squash shells are tender and cheese is lightly browned, about 25-35 min.
- For the salad: Place lettuce in bowl. Top with remaining carrots, green beans, tomatoes, celery, cauliflower and peppers. Add in cucumber slices and remaining onion. Cover salad and chill.
- For dressing: Mince or possibly press remaining garlic clove. In a small jar, combine garlic, 1/8 tsp. salt, a few twists of pepper, Dijon mustard and vinegars.
- Shake well. Add in remaining oil. Chill till ready to serve.
- Additional bonuses:Steam extra green beans. Toss with soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil. Serve cool, topped with toasted walnuts.
- Roast remaining cauliflower half. Cut into florets, toss with salt and flavorful extra virgin olive oil; place on a cookie sheet. Roast at 400 degrees till tender and slightly browned.
- Oven-fry extra sweet potatoes. Peel and cut extra sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil and salt; roast at 400 degrees till browned and crisp.
- Broil extra tomatoes. Halve tomatoes, top with bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil if you like. Broil till browned and a bit soft.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 324g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||34%|
|Total Fat 9.95g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.44g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.19g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|