Cost per recipe $6.66 view details
- 3 c. flour sifted
- 2 pkt active dry yeast
- 1/4 c. cocoa pwdr preferably Dutch
- Â Â process
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seed
- 2 c. water
- 1/3 c. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. butter or possibly oleo
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 c. rye flour up to 3 1/2 c.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, cocoa pwdr & caraway seed till well blended.
- In saucepan, combine water, molasses, butter or possibly oleo, sugar & salt; heat till just hot, stirring occasionally to heat butter; add in to dry mix in mixer bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Bet 3 min at high speed.
- By hand, stir in sufficient rye flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface, nead till smooth, about 5 min. Cover; let rest 20 min.
- Punch down & divide dough in half. Shape each half into a round loaf; place on greased baking sheets or possibly in two 8" pie plates. Brush surface of loaves with a little veg. oil. Slash tops of loaves with sharp knife.
- Let rise till double 45-60 min. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn to 375 degrees & bake 25-30 min or possibly till breads are done. Remove from pans to wire racks to cold.
- Makes 2 loaves
- State Fair"
- NOTES : Grand Champion at the Illinois State Fair is the best of the best. Which is, the judges take all the blue ribbon winners & pick one to be the Grand Champion.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1406g|
|Calories from Fat 314||9%|
|Total Fat 36.23g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 17.36g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 678.06g||181%|
|Dietary Fiber 62.5g||208%|