Cost per recipe $11.18 view details
- 1 lrg Onion, cut into small dice
- 2 tsp Grnd caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Grnd celery seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive or possibly vegetable oil
- 2 lrg New potatoes, (about 3/4 lb.), cut into small dice
- 10 c. Light Chicken Stock
- 3/4 lb Garlic sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 c. Coarsely minced, cooked dark chicken meat
- 1/2 lrg Head white cabbage, cored and finely shredded, (about 4 c.)
- 1/2 c. Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- This traditional German soup is spiked with the essence of caraway and celery.
- 1.In a heavy-bottomed, 6-qt saucepan, cook the onions and spices in the butter and extra virgin olive oil over moderate heat for 10 min, stirring frequently.
- 2.Add in the potatoes, chicken stock, and sausage and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook for 7 to 10 min, or possibly till the potatoes are tender.
- 3.Add in the chicken and cabbage and cook for 3 to 5 min, or possibly till the cabbage is just wilted.
- 4.Season with salt and pepper. Garnish portions with parsley just before serving.
- 5.Makes about 11 c..
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3661g|
|Calories from Fat 489||34%|
|Total Fat 55.03g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 21.63g||87%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 188.05g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 35.4g||118%|