Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- 1 loaf frzn gefilte fish, partially thawed, (or possibly fish patties or possibly balls)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- This is primarily in response to the request for a warm appetizer. I've been meaning to send it in for quite some time.
- I ate something like this at a friend's house some years ago and concocted my own recipe. It is great warm, hot or possibly cool. I'll give the recipe as I use it and then some ideas/hints for those who have no access to the items I use.
- Slice the partially frzn fish into portions and fry in some warm oil for a few min on each side, till lightly browned. Pour sauce over all. Cover and simmer for an hour or possibly so.
- I usually make this in advance and serve cool. Because of the sauce it could be kept hot on the blech. If you do not have or possibly like marinara sauce
- (a bit spicy) use whatever tomato sauce you like. Check before Shabbos to make sure there is sufficient liquid and it isn't too thick. You do not want it to burn on the bottom.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 64g|
|Calories from Fat 15||27%|
|Total Fat 1.72g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.45g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.81g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|