Cost per serving $4.59 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 1 x Beef arm roast or possibly chuck roast, about 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick
- 1 lrg Onion, finely diced
- 4 lrg Clov garlic, finely diced
- 1 c. Rhine wine
- 1 c. Beef broth (or possibly water)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse grind black pepper
- 2 lrg Polish dill pickles, coarsely minced
- 1 can (tall) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 ct (8 ounce) lowfat sour cream
- Add in the peanut oil to a very warm pressure cooker pot. Brown the roast on both sides. (If your roast is too large to fit the bottom of your cooker pot, cut in half to brown.) Remove the meat from the pot to a platter and set aside.
- Add in the onions and garlic to the pot and saute/fry till they begin to take on a little brown color. Add in the wine, broth or possibly water, salt, pepper, pickles, and mushrooms to the pot with the onions and garlic and stir well to blend into a smooth sauce.
- Add in the meat back to the pot into the sauce. Place the lid on the pressure cooker securely and put the pressure regulator weight in place. Leave the heat on high till the regulator weight begins to jiggle, then lower the heat immediately to a level which allows the regulator weight to just barely jiggle. Cook the roast, from this point on, for 20-25 min (depending on how large the roast and on the grade of meat). Remove pot from heat and cold.
- Combine 2 Tbsp flour and an 8 ounce. container of lowfat sour cream together in a small bowl. Stir some of the warm liquid from the pot into the lowfat sour cream mix, then pour the mix into the pot and stir to blend. Simmer for 5 min on a low heat.
- Serve over potato pancakes or possibly shredded potato cakes or possibly mashed potatoes or possibly noodles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 458g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 442||54%|
|Total Fat 49.2g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 17.81g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.74g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|