I used to think cauliflower was boring and my family agreed. But I've now found so many wonderful ways to prepare it that it is becoming one of our favorite vegetables. This is an easy and very flavorful version I adapted from the Barefoot Contessa. Adjust the amount of lemon juice you apply based on your own tastes and the dish you are serving this with
- 1 whole head of garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into large florets
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the garlic cloves. Boil
- for 15 seconds. Drain, peel, and trim of brown parts. Cut the
- largest cloves in half lengthwise.
- On a sheet roasting pan, toss the cauliflower with the garlic, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Spread the mixture out in a single layer and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once, until the cauliflower is tender and the garlic is lightly browned.
- Scrape the cauliflower into a large bowl with the garlic and pan
- juices. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the parsley, pine
- nuts, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with another 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and extra freshly ground pepper if desired, toss well, and serve hot or warm.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||85%|
|Total Fat 11.28g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.41g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.9g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|