This is a very simple side dish that goes really well with any sort of grilled fish or meat. My wife is asian american and we eat rice 4-5 nights a week. This is a way to give it a unique flavor...kids love it. Try this with my Salmon Grilled with Lemon Pepper & Garlic We use 50/50 brown and white rice for health reasons...all brown or all white both work too.
- 1-2 cups jasmine or basmati long-grain white rice
- 1-2 cups short grain brown rice
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped garlic (fresh or refrigerated) (use 2-3 Tbsp if you love garlic!)
- Garlic salt or Kosher salt to taste
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on stove.
- When rice is done, add olive oil to a large saute or frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Add rice to pan and saute, stirring/turning every 3-5 minutes for 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic salt or Kosher salt to taste.
- If you like, you can add a half cup of finely chopped yellow onion or scallions to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic. I used to do this, but our kids don't like the onions and try to pick around them so I started leaving them out. It is great either way!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||9%|
|Total Fat 3.95g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.62g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 76.96g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|