Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 med Red onion finely minced
- 2 c. Chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 c. Water
- 1 tsp Coarse sea salt
- 1 c. Polenta or possibly coarsely-grnd yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over low heat. Add in the garlic and the red onion and saute/fry, stirring constantly, for about 3 min, or possibly till softened. Don't let the garlic burn. Add in the chicken stock, water, and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and, when the liquid is simmering, gradually sprinkle the polenta over in a very slow, thin stream, whisking constantly in the same direction till all the grains have been incorporated and no lumps remain. Reduce the heat to very low. Switch to a wooden paddle and stir thoroughly every 1 or possibly 2 min for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till the mix pulls away from the sides of the pan and the grains of polenta have softened. Stir in the pepper, Parmesan, and butter. The mix will be quite thick.
- Rinse an 8- by 12-inch roasting pan with water and shake dry. Mound the polenta into the pan and, using a rubber spatula repeatedly dipped in very warm water, spread the polenta proportionately in the pan till it is just under 1/2-inch thick. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rest for 1 hour at room temperature or possibly up to 24 hrs in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, preheat a broiler to high heat. Brush the broiler pan with oil.
- Cut the polenta into 8 equal squares and brush them with extra virgin olive oil. Transfer the squares to the broiler pan and grill for about 8 min on each side, or possibly till deep golden. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 212g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||44%|
|Total Fat 11.38g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.32g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.1g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|