Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 3 pounds (about 6) medium-size red potatoes, scrubbed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions Gust the white parts), minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, at room temperature
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup milk
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to moderate, and cook till the potatoes are very tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a colander and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet, then add the onions and garlic, cook over low heat till the onions just begin to brown, and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks, place in a large mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher or large spoon. Add the softened butter, salt, and pepper and beat the potatoes with an electric mixer till very smooth. Add the milk, green onions and garlic, and continue beating till the potatoes are light and fluffy. Serve immediately or place the bowl in a container of hot water to keep warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 33g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||96%|
|Total Fat 15.8g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.98g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.91g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|