This looks outstanding! There is a Thai dish I always get when I go to a Thai restaurant and this is it-only with less ginger.
Cost per recipe $6.49 view details
- 2 Â½ cups of long-grain rice
- 4cups of water
- Â¼ cup of canola oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger or jarred ginger
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 5 scallions (white and pale green parts separated from greens), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Â¾ diced (1/4 inch) cored peeled fresh pineapple
- Â¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- One tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Rinse rice in several changes of water and then drain in colander.
- In a 4 quart heavy saucepan, bring 4 cups of water with the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low until water is absorbed (about 13 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let stand, tightly covered for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Warm a frying pan (12- inch)or wok and add canola oil.
- Add chicken breast or thighs. There are chicken products that are pre-cooked that can be used.
- Keep the chicken moving and then add garlic and ginger and stir.
- Add scallions, pineapple, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice and salt and pepper to taste. Remember there is salt in the soy even though its low sodium.
- Top off with cilantro. Remember to keep ingredients moving in the pan or wok as rice will stick and begin to burn.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1686g|
|Calories from Fat 551||24%|
|Total Fat 62.52g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 5.57g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.22g|
|Total Carbs 395.03g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|