Recently, while eating out at a restaurant, I asked the cook for his garlic cheese bread recipe because I was so impressed with how delicious it was. I got home, tried to make it for myself, and it turned out completely different. Had this sneaky cook tricked me?
Upon further investigation, I realized that while I did have the right ingredients, it was all about the preparation. That's why the food we make at home always seems different from what we get at a nice restaurant—it's all in the preparation. So, to go along with this garlic and cheese bread recipe, I have included detailed preparation instructions.
This recipe assumes that you already have the bread itself prepared; however, if you wish to bake the bread from scratch.
That's it! Did you realize how simple it was to make a garlic cheese bread recipe that tasted like it was from a fancy restaurant?
- 1 medium sized loaf of bread, unsliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preparation instructions:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 550Â°F. If it doesn't go this high, preheat it to as hot as it will go.
- 2. Slice your bread two times. First from top to bottom, and then lengthwise.
- 3. Spread butter all over the four pieces of bread.
- 4. Put the buttered bread in the microwave for about 15 seconds. This will melt the butter and ensure the bread stays soft and moist on the inside.
- 5. Pour the garlic powder evenly across the top of each piece of bread.
- 6. Next, sprinkle half of the herbs on the bread, then add the cheese, and add the rest of the herbs on top. You can mix them all together for a more even distribution.
- 7. Bake the bread for about 10 minutes. This time will vary depending on your oven and the maximum temperature it is able to reach. Keep an eye on it; it will burn if you leave it in for too long.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||83%|
|Total Fat 14.78g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 9.16g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.89g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|