Comfort food recipe that pairs with many dishes.
Note: try to cut, slice veggies in similar sizes.
Servings: 6 servings
Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 1 cup peeled, sliced carrots, or baby carrots
- 1 large yam or sweet potato, peeled, cut in small chunks
- 2 lbs. red or mixed fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium turnip
- 1-2 parsnips, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup leeks, washed, sliced
- 2 tbs. chopped shallots
- 2 tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, peel, cut or chop vegetables in similar sizes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add garlic, salt, pepper, parsley.
- Toss vegetables with garlic butter, cover, bake 45 minutes. Remove cover, turn oven to 425 degrees so vegetables will lightly brown - about 10-15 minutes.
- Check for doneness (baby carrots are usually the last to cook).
- When done, sprinkle on paprika.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 204||62%|
|Total Fat 23.28g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.59g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.28g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|