Amazing way to add some additional flavor to soup. The recipe makes two loafs that are promised to disappear in seconds.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 80 minutes
Servings: 2 loafs
Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- around 1 kilo of flour
- 10g of fresh yeast
- or instant yeast (depending on the pack you adjust the amount of bought yeast to the amount of flour, on my little pack there was 1 pack of yeast- 500g of flour)
- 1 table spoon of salt
- 1,5 cups of lukewarm water (more or less, you'll have to see during making of the dough)
- fresh herbs of your choice- I used fresh basil, dried oregano and basil
- If you are using fresh yeast crush it and mix it with water and salt and add it at the end to dry ingredients.
- If you are using instant yeast simply add it to the flour, then add other dry ingredients (chopped garlic, herbs, salt) and water.
- Knead the dough.
- Set the dough into a warm place covered for at list 30 minutes (the dough should double its volume). Knowing that I wont find a warm place in my house I put it into my oven for the smallest amount temperature possible, leaving the oven door open at all time. I know its not really environmental friendly and electric bill friendly way to do it, but I let myself crazy with those kind of things from time to time.
- When the dough is bigger, nice and puffy, form two loafs and bake each for about 40 minutes in 180-200 Â°C.
- Remember to grease the trey preffebably with butter.
- Enjoy the smell, taste and amazing satisfaction.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||12%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.34g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|