Cost per serving $0.71 view details
- 1 x red bell pepper
- 4 x ears fresh sweet corn husked
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 3 Tbsp. diced oil-packed sun-dry tomatoes
- 2 x scallions sliced
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped marjoram
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 4 tsp -bone steaks, 1" thk - (abt 1 lb ea)
- Â Â (prime or possibly choice)
- 6 x garlic cloves cut lengthwise
- Â Â into thick slivers abt 3/8" long
- 1 x serrano chile seeded, and cut
- Â Â lengthwise in thick slivers abt 3/8" long
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- To prepare the relish, roast the bell pepper on the grill and let steam. When cold, peel, seed, and dice the pepper; and place in a mixing bowl.
- While the pepper is cooling, brush the corn with 2 Tbsp. of the oil and grill over indirect medium heat for about 15 min, turning frequently, till lightly browned on all sides. Remove and, when cold sufficient to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs and add in to the mixing bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil in a skillet and saute/fry the onion over medium-high heat for 3 or possibly 4 min, till soft. Add in the sauteed onions, sun-dry tomatoes, scallions, lime juice, vinegar; and marjoram to the bowl. Season with salt, and toss to combine.
- Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make incisions in the steaks about 1/2 inch deep. Insert the garlic and serrano slivers into the incisions, making sure they are embedded beneath the surface of the steaks. Season with salt and pepper and bring the steaks to room temperature.
- Grill over direct medium-high heat for 5 or possibly 6 min per side for medium-rare, 7 to 8 min for medium, or possibly to the desired doneness. Serve with the relish.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Besides achieving maximum flavor; making sure the garlic and chile slivers are beneath the surface of the steaks also ensures which they will not burn on the grill. If you're not fond of the heat of chiles, by all means use just the garlic slivers.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 60g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||82%|
|Total Fat 10.26g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.42g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.37g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|