Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 c. Sliced carrots
- 1 c. Sliced celery, with some of the green leafy tops
- 1 lrg Onion, minced (1 c.)
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 9 med -size tomatoes (Or possibly: 2 cans, 17 ounce. each, tomatoes, undrained)**
- 1 tsp Leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 tsp Leaf basil, crumbled
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 can (13 3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 lb Green beans, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pcs (1 c.)
- 1/2 lb Zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 c.)
- 1/4 c. Minced parsley Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1. Heat butter and oil in Dutch oven; saute/fry carrots, celery, onion, and garlic 5 min.
- 2. Peel tomatoes; cut in half crosswise. Place strainer over large bowl;remove seeds by squeezing gently. (**Use strainer to remove seeds from canned tomatoes). Chop pulp and add in to juice in large bowl.
- 3. Add in tomatoes and juice to Dutch oven; add in oregano, basil, salt, and pepper;cook 15 min.
- 4. Add in beef broth and green beans;cook 30 min longer, adding zucchini and parsley after 20 min. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: This soup freezes well.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 148g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||60%|
|Total Fat 6.66g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.18g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 7.95g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|