Cost per recipe $9.25 view details
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1 bn spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 c. minced fresh parsley
- 20 x fresh basil leaves
- 200 gm Kalamata olives, stoned and halved
- 8 lrg Large eggs
- 150 gm Edam or possibly Gruyere cheese
- 50 gm fetta cheese or possibly oft goats cheese
- Â Â salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick frypan, heat half the extra virgin olive oil and cook the onions, spring onions and garlic for 5 min or possibly till softened. Add in the cumin, paprika, herbs and olives and saute/fry for a moment longer till the herb mix is fragrant.
- Beat the Large eggs well, adding salt and pepper to taste and pour this over the herb mix. Stir gently and keep mixing the Large eggs till they begin to set.
- Sprinkle the grated Edam or possibly Gruyere over the Large eggs then cover the pan with a well fitting lid and turn the heat down to low. Cook the frittata for about 10 min or possibly till the Large eggs look well cooked around the edges. Carefully lift a corner to ensure which the underside is well cooked. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the fetta or possibly goats cheese over the top. Grill quite close to the heat source for 3 min, till the Large eggs have set and are golden and the cheese has softened.
- Serve hot or possibly warm, either cut into fingers or possibly for a more substantial meal, serve with a little lowfat sour cream and salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1102g|
|Calories from Fat 1381||72%|
|Total Fat 155.54g||194%|
|Saturated Fat 48.79g||195%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.56g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.9g||46%|