Cost per serving $1.64 view details
- 1/2 med Onion, peeled
- 2 tsp Extra-light extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Curry pwdr
- 1 x 412 g can red kidney beans
- 4 Tbsp. Dark raisins
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly minced parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c. Cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grnd salt
- 2 whl wheat buns
- 1 x Lettuce leaf
- 2 x Thick tomato slices
- Process the onion using the fast pulse till it is in small but still discernible pcs.
- Heat half of the oil in a medium-sized skillet over high heat and cook the onion and curry pwdr for 3 min. Add in the beans, raisins, parsley, lemon juice and cooked onion to the processor and fast pulse 12 times.
- Transfer to a bowl, add in the cooked rice and salt and mix well. Form into two patties.
- Pour the remaining oil into a medium-sized skillet over high heat and brown the patties on each side for 3 min.
- To serve: place a patty on each bun, top with the lettuce and tomato.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 543g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||8%|
|Total Fat 4.44g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.82g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.32g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||55%|