Cost per recipe $5.55 view details
- 2 c. Water
- 1/3 c. Each: finely minced, carrots and celery
- 1 c. Finely minced green onions
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1 med -size white onion, minced
- 4 c. Lowfat milk
- 4 c. Chicken broth
- 1 jar Pasteurized process cheese spread, (such as Cheez Whiz) (15-oz)
- Â Â Salt and Grnd Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Catenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Prepared mustard
- This was a very popular soup at the former Gallagher's restaurants in Houston.
- Place water in soup pot over high heat. Add in carrots, celery and green onions; bring to boil and boil 5 min; set aside, but don't drain.
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium heat and add in onion; saute/fry 1 minute, then add in flour, blending well. In a large saucepan, bring lowfat milk and broth to boil. Whisk broth mix into flour mix with a wire whisk.
- Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in mustard and the cooked vegetables, including the water in that they were cooked. Bring to a boil and serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2641g|
|Calories from Fat 965||68%|
|Total Fat 109.81g||137%|
|Saturated Fat 68.93g||276%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.77g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|