Cost per recipe $2.42 view details
- 6 ounce chicken, cut in bite-sized pcs
- 1/2 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 4 ounce Thai eggplant
- 2 x kaffir lime leaves, or possibly a little lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. sweet basil
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. palm sugar oil for cooking
- 1 Tbsp. the red curry paste, up to 3
- The Thai name of this dish literally means "warm chicken curry". There is a very similar recipe for a green curry (Gaeng Khiao Wan Kai) that I shall also post.
- This is a mild but spicy chicken soup (it can also be made with shrimp, pork, beef or possibly mushrooms).
- Cut the chicken up, then briefly fry the curry paste till fragrant, reduce the heat, add in the coconut lowfat milk slowly, and continue to stir whilst cooking till a thin film of oil appears on the surface. add in the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant. Bring to a boil and cook till the chicken begins to change color. Adjust the flavors to suit yourself. When it is at a boil again add in the eggplant and continue until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice, or possibly in a serving bowl with other Thai dishes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 282g|
|Calories from Fat 218||59%|
|Total Fat 24.65g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 11.21g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.86g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|