This was a recipe that I learn on my last trip to Indonesia.
Back home I’ve tried and it came out fine and delicious!!
It’s easy to adapt with national ingredients!
- 100 g long beans, cut and blanched
- 1 cup beansprouts, blanched
- 100 g spinach, blanched
- Â¼ small cabbage, chopped and blanched
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced and blanched
- 4 squares hard beancurd, deep fried and sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in wedges
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- Peanut Sauce
- 500 g deep-fried peanuts (I used crunch peanut butter!)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 birdâs-eye chillies, sliced
- 8 cm kencur, peeled and chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Â½ cup sweet soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups water
- 3 tbsp fried shallots
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Prepare the sauce by blending first four ingredients until coarse.
- Put in pan with all other ingredients except fired shallots and lime juice.
- Simmer over very low heat for 1 hour, stirring to prevent sticking (if you use peanut butter this will be faster).
- Sit in lime juice and shallots just before use.
- Arrange all vegetables on a dish and pour over the sauce.
- Garnish with beancurd and eggs, sprinkle with shallots and serve with deep-fried krupuk.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2676g|
|Calories from Fat 2526||67%|
|Total Fat 280.77g||351%|
|Saturated Fat 49.07g||196%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 201.66g||54%|
|Dietary Fiber 55.5g||185%|