A lot of people might be wondering, Fruit Trifle… what’s the big deal with that!? This recipe is something that we have seen being made in our homes for a long time by Moms and sisters, not to forget, it’s also a very common dessert at a lot of Pakistani weddings. My recipe uses almost all the same ingredients that are conventionally used in this recipe, however, the assembling is a little different, which gives it a very unique and delicious taste.
I used cake that I baked myself at home; you can use plain vanilla cake, which is conveniently available at bakeries everywhere, mostly in foils. Rest of the ingredients are pretty straight-forward and easy to find.
Its a tried and tested recipe and a must-try for all my young followers. The same basic idea coupled with your creativity can result in different looks for your recipe; the choices for decoration are unlimited! Do give it a try and let me know when people try out your dish and shower you with accolades for your creativity in cooking.
- Milk 1 liter
- Custard Powder 5-6 tbsp (any flavor)
- Sugar 5-6 tbsp
- Plain cake 1 pack
- Bananas 2-3
- Mix fruits with syrup 1 medium can
- Quick set jelly 1 packet (any flavor)
- Whipped cream (for decoration)
- Dissolve custard powder in 1/2 cup milk.
- Boil the remaining milk.
- When the milk is near to boiling point, add sugar in it and mix.
- Slowly add custard powder mixture with one hand while mixing with a spoon to avoid lumps.
- Let it cook for 5-10 minutes till the custard is thick; if the consistency seems thin, add more custard mixture.
- Remove from stove and cool completely.
- Cut slices of cake and make a layer with it in the serving dish.
- Pour syrup from the canned fruit on top.
- Cut bananas in slices; make a layer with bananas and canned fruits.
- Pour half custard on top.
- Make another layer with cake, syrup and then fruits.
- Keep in refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare one pack of quick set jelly according to packet instructions.
- Remove from stove and mix vigorously with spoon to cool it a little (but avoid letting it set).
- Pour on top of the custard to form a thick transparent layer.
- Refrigerate till the jelly is completely set.
- Decorate with whipped cream using pipin bag, sprinkle colored sugar balls.
- Serve chilled.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 227g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||26%|
|Total Fat 12.34g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.47g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|