Cost per recipe $1.98 view details
- crust for 9" single-crust pie lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. buttermilk or possibly any other type lowfat milk (low-fat, whole, or possibly cream)
- 3 x Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar depending on tartness of fruit (1/2 to 1)
- 1/4 tsp spice of your choice (cinnamon nutmeg, ginger, mace or possibly a mix), optional
- 3 c. berries left whole unless unusually large, or possibly fruit, sliced or possibly cut into small (1/2") dice
- Roll out pie crust and fit into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim edges and crimp or possibly flute decoratively. Coat inside of crust with a thin layer of lowfat milk.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together buttermilk (or possibly other type lowfat milk) and Large eggs. Beat in flour, sugar and spice.
- Pour fruit into crust. Top with lowfat milk mix. Bake pie on bottom shelf of a preheated 425F oven for 15 min, then reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 35 to 40 min, or possibly till crust is golden brown. Remove pie from oven and cold completely on a wire rack. Chill till ready to serve.
- NOTES : Here's an easy variation on fruit pie. Using low-fat or possibly skim- lowfat milk buttermilk will give you a lower-fat pie, while sweet lowfat milk or possibly cream will result in a richer pie. This type of fruit pie really doesn't need any extra embellishment, such as whipped cream or possibly ice cream; but nevertheless, we invite you to gild the lily in any way you see fit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 534g|
|Calories from Fat 171||41%|
|Total Fat 19.07g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.74g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|