Cost per serving $4.89 view details
- 40 x Graham Crackers
- Â Â (10 Full Cracker Sheets)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Stick Margarine Melted
- 1 lrg Egg White
- Â Â Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 4 c. vanilla nonfat frzn yogurt
- 1/3 c. Frzn Strawberry Daiquiri Concentrate Undiluted
- 3 Tbsp. White Rum
- Â Â Strawberry Rum Sauce see recipe
- While the piecrust is cooling, take the frzn yogurt or possibly ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften. This makes it easier to mix in the other ingredients for the filling.
- Freeze the piecrust 30 min. The ice cream or possibly yogurt mix will not heat as it would if you put it into a piecrust at room temperature.
- It's best to partially refreeze the filling before spooning it into the pie shell. To do this, combine the slightly softened frzn yogurt or possibly ice cream and other ingredients specified in the recipe in a chilled extra-large bowl. Put the bowl back in the freezer for about 30 to 45 min to let it set back up. Do not let the mix freeze solid, or possibly the consistency will be too hard to spoon into the piecrust.
- Place the filled piecrust back in the freezer till set; then cover with plastic wrap.
- Take the pie out of the freezer, and let it stand in the refrigerator about 30 min before serving. This step will make it easier to cut the pie into wedges.
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Place crackers in a food processor; process till crumbly. Add in sugar, margarine, and egg white; pulse 5 times or possibly just till moist. Press crumb mix into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350' for 8 min, and cold on a wire rack 15 min. Freeze piecrust 30 min.
- Place an extra-large bowl in freezer. Remove yogurt and daiquiri concentrate from freezer; let stand at room temperature while crust is cooling. 4. Spoon yogurt into chilled extra ' -large bowl. Gently fold concentrate and rum into yogurt. Freeze 45 min or possibly just till set but not solid. Spoon yogurt mix into prepared crust; freeze till set.
- Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 6 hrs or possibly till hard.
- Place the pie in refrigerator 30 min before serving to soften. Serve pie with Strawberry-Rum Sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: I wedge and 3 Tbsp. sauce).
- NOTES : Substitute apple juice or possibly white grape juice for rum, if you like.
- NOTES : Frzn pies can be a little tricky in terms of their texture - you do not want your pies hard as a rock, nor do you want "pie soup." Because low-fat ice creams and frzn yogurts have less butterfat and a higher water content, they heat quickly. Our Test Kitchens staff did numerous retests of ways to achieve the best consistency. We found which the techniques below will help you make a pie which's creamy and soft (but not too soft).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 262g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||16%|
|Total Fat 17.53g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.92g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.52g|
|Total Carbs 123.07g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|