Cost per recipe $21.42 view details
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. Whipping cream or possibly more
- 1/2 c. Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Light corn syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Â Â Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 9 ounce Chocolate wafer cookies
- 5 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 8 ounce Cream cheese room temp
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Crunchy peanut butter *
- 1 c. Chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Whipping cream
- 10 ounce Semisweet chocolate minced
- 1/2 c. Minced roasted peanuts
- * (Don't use old-fashioned style or possibly freshly grnd)
- This frzn peanut butter pie has a crunchy chocolate crust and is served with hot caramel sauce.
- For sauce: Heat butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in 1/2 c. whipping cream, both sugars, and corn syrup and bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer till slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 min. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Cold. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) For crust: Spray 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Finely grind chocolate wafer cookies in processor. Transfer cookie crumbs to bowl.
- Add in 5 Tbsp. melted butter and stir till moist crumbs form. Press crumb mix onto bottom and up sides of prepared dish. Place crust in freezer.
- For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl till smooth. Beat in peanut butter.
- Using electric mixer fitted with clean dry beaters, beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in medium bowl to stiff peaks. Fold cream into peanut butter mix. Mound filling into chilled crust. Smooth top. Freeze overnight.
- For Glaze: Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Add in minced semisweet chocolate and stir till melted and smooth. Cold to lukewarm. Spoon glaze over filling. Sprinkle with minced peanuts. Freeze till chocolate sets, about 30 min. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Keep frzn.) Let pie stand frzn 20 min at room temperature. Using hot knife, cut pie into wedges.
- Place pie on plates. Bring sauce to simmer, thinning with more cream if necessary. Spoon hot sauce around pie and serve. Bon Appetit Magazine - July, 1994 Dottie Cross
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1947g|
|Calories from Fat 5351||61%|
|Total Fat 620.56g||776%|
|Saturated Fat 298.03g||1192%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 803.69g||214%|
|Dietary Fiber 77.2g||257%|