Cost per serving $1.10 view details
- 40 x thin chocolate wafers grnd fine in
- Â Â a blender or possibly food processor
- Â Â (abt 2 1/4 c. crumbs)
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter - (1 stick) melted
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1Â 1/4 c. well-chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 c. salted roasted peanuts minced fine
- Â Â Lightly-sweetened whipped cream
- Â Â Salted whole roasted peanuts
- Reserve 1/4 c. cookie crumbs. In a bowl combine remaining cookie crumbs and butter and press into bottom and side of a 10-inch (1 1/2-qt) pie plate. Refrigerateshell.
- In a heavy saucepan dissolve sugar in lowfat milk over moderate heat, stirring, and remove pan from heat. Whisk in peanut butter and vanilla till combined well and cold in a bowl set in a larger bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally.
- In another bowl beat cream till it just holds stiff peaks and fold into peanut-butter mix with minced peanuts. Turn mix into shell, smoothing top. Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs around edge of pie.
- Pipe rosettes of whipped cream decoratively onto crumbs and top rosettes with whole peanuts. Freeze pie, uncovered, till frzn hard, about 5 hrs. Pie may be made 2 days ahead and frzn, covered with plastic wrap and foil after 5 hrs.
- Let pie stand in refrigerator 30 min before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 125g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 304||58%|
|Total Fat 35.25g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 12.35g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.45g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|