Cost per serving $2.17 view details
- 2 c. Whole almonds
- 1/3 c. Packed golden sugar
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1 pch Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted butter -- melted
- Â Â And cooled
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp Unflavored gelatin
- 6 lrg Egg yolks
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kirsch (clear cherry Brandy)
- 3Â 1/2 ounce White chocolate (Baker's or possibly
- Â Â Lindt) -- minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. Whipping cream -- chilled
- 1 c. Finely minced pitted peeled
- Â Â Peaches
- 4 x Peaches -- peeled and
- Â Â Thinly
- Â Â Sliced
- 1/4 c. Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Coarsely chop nuts with brown sugar, flour and salt in processor. Add in butter, process till nuts are finely minced. Press half of mix over bottom of 9" springform pan. Press remaining half of mix over bottom of 9" cake pan. Bake till crusts are golden brown, about 20 min. Transfer to racks; cook completely. Break crust in pans into crumbs.
- Place 1 tbs water in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand till gelatin softens, about 10 min. Whisk yolks, sugar, kirsch and 3 tbs water in medium metal bowl till blended. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water; whisk constantly till mix registers 160 on candy thermometer, about 4 min. Remove bowl from over water. Add in gelatin, then white chocolate and whisk till gelatin dissolves and chocolate melts.
- Let stand till mix is cold but not set, whisking occasionally, about 10 min. Beat cream in large bowl till soft peaks form. Fold yolk mix into cream.
- Spread 1/3 of mousse over crust in spring form pan. Sprinkle half of minced peaches over. Sprinkle half of crumbs over peaches. Drop 1/3 of mousse by Tbsp. over peaches, spacing proportionately. Spread mousse carefully over, covering crumbs. Sprinkle with remaining minced peaches and crumbs.
- Carefully spread remaining mousse proportionately over. Cover and freeze over night. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frzn.)
- Mix peach slices and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Let stand 15 min.
- Using knife, cut around pan sides to loosen torte. Release pan sides; transfer torte to platter. Arrange peaches in concentric circles atop torte. Let stand at room temperature 30 min and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 160g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||57%|
|Total Fat 25.33g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 11.87g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.4g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|