Cost per serving $2.47 view details
- 6 eggs, egg yolk separated from egg whites
- 2 tbs sour cream
- Â½ tsp salt
- Â¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 500g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tomato, seeded, diced
- Cheese sprinkle Ã la fontina*:
- 80 g Gorgonzola cheese, finely grated
- 3 tbs grated Grana Padano
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- Whisk the egg yolks, cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sautÃ© until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, increase the flame, and sautÃ© 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites into the soft peaks.
- Gradually add the egg yolk mixture, stir lightly until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus and tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs start to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese, reduce flame and bake for another few minutes.
- Place the skillet with frittata in an oven preheated to 200Â°C, right under the upper heater (If the skillet handle is not heat resistant, wrap it with aluminium foil). Cook for 10 minutes until the top is set and golden brown.
- Let the frittata stand 2 minutes before serving, then loosen from the skillet and slide onto a plate.
- * Cheese sprinkle: mix all ingredients into the soft, smooth mixture.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 130g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||71%|
|Total Fat 13.48g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.0g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.27g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|