Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 1 bn wild ramps Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x egg
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 x lemon juiced
- 1 tsp minced garlic Warm sauce to taste
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 lrg softshell crabs cleaned
- 1 c. flour Creole seasoning
- 1/2 lb wild sorrel cleaned
- 1/2 lb watercress cleaned
- 12 x fresh white asparagus spears cooked till tender and chilled
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the grill.
- Season the ramps with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for about 1 to 2 min on each side, or possibly till wilted. Remove and cold completely.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, warm sauce and grilled ramps. Puree till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add in the oil very slowly in a steady stream. Process till the mix is thick and creamy. Remove and refrigeratecompletely.
- Preheat oil in the fryer to 360 degrees.
- Season the softshells and flour with Essence. Dredge the softshells in the flour, coating completely. Carefully holding the top of each crab, drag the legs through the oil for 5 seconds to allow the individual legs to fry separately. Then carefully flip the crabs top-side down into the oil. Fry till golden, 2 to 3 min. Turn the crabs over with tongs and continue frying for another 2 to 3 min. Drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sorrel and watercress. Season with salt and pepper. Season the asparagus with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon some of the dressing in the center of each plate. Form 3 spears of the asparagus into a triangle over each pool of dressing. Mound the greens in the center of each triangle. Lay each softshell on top of the greens. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 537g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 685||72%|
|Total Fat 77.13g||96%|
|Saturated Fat 8.97g||36%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 53.08g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.2g||34%|