Cost per serving $1.52 view details
- 1 lb lean pork shoulder cut large dice
- 1 x lime juiced
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1 c. water Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb yucca peeled
- 1 x red onion cut small dice
- 3 x scallions thinly sliced
- 2 x tomatoes cut small dice
- 1 x red pepper cut small dice
- 1 x garlic clove minced Canola oil for frying
- In a saucepot, combine diced pork, lime juice, bay leaf, vinegar, and water. Season with salt and freshly-grnd black pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer till the pork is tender, about 45 min. Strain the meat, cold, and grind in a meat grinder.
- Boil the yucca in salted water till tender. Cold and grind in the meat grinder.
- Saute/fry onions, scallions, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic. Add in the grnd pork. Season. Make egg shaped balls from the yucca dough with your hands. Press a hole into them with your thumb. Fill with the pork mix. Close the hole with additional dough. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Fill a deep saucepot 1/2 way with canola oil, heat to 375 degrees. Fry the carimanolas till golden, about 3 to 4 min.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 317g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||26%|
|Total Fat 5.88g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.67g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|