I could, and have, spent 4 hours making a gourmet meal and listen to my kids say how it was alright, but wasn't McDonald's. Well for the FIRST time last night, I got a "that was JUST as good as McDonald's" At least Im just as good as that silly ass clown...
- 1 lbs boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup of Corn Starch
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs Onion Powder
- 1/2 tbs dried Tarragon
- 1/2 tbs dried Thyme
- 1/2 tbs ground mustard
- 1/4 tbs dried Sage
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 3 or 4 shakes of Tabasco sauce
- Enough Vegetable oil to cover the nuggets in a standard size pan.
- Cut the chicken into nugget sized peices
- Cover the chicken in the buttermilk with the Tabasco sauce overnight.
- Fill the pan with the oil and over medium high heat. The Oil should not be more than half was up the sides of the pan. Remember that oil expands when heated. You want the oil to heat to 350 degrees.
- Fill a plastic bag with 1/2 cup Flour,1/2 cup of Corn Starch,1 tbs Paprika,1 tbs Garlic Powder, 1 tbs Onion Powder,1/2 tbs dried Tarragon, 1/2 tbs dried Thyme, 1/2 tbs ground mustard, 1/4 tbs dried Sage.
- shake the bag pretty well to mix the ingredients.
- Put 4-5 nuggets in the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Take the nuggets out of the bag one at a time and and tap the extra flour off before placing in the pan.
- Fry the chicken until for about 6-7 minutes.
- Scoop the chicken out with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towel. Salt as soon as you get them out.
- 1 son likes them by themselves
- my other one likes to dip them in BBQ sauce
- Me? I like to use Hot Mustard.....from McDonald's...
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||26%|
|Total Fat 10.02g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.18g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 36.78g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|