This is a print preview of "Fried Cabbage...." recipe.
Fried Cabbage.... Recipe
A healthy alternative vegetable side dish, or great just as a snack or meal by itself. It's a good cold day "comfort food" that fills the house with a terrific aroma. It's also a good recipe for the slow cooker.
My version of this recipe is not fried, but it's also an extremely low fat dish.
|Prep time: 30 minutes
|Cook time: 2-4 hours
||Servings: 10 Bowls
Goes Well With: Polish Sausages, Meatloaf, Chicken, Beef
I Small Head of Cabbage - cut into thin strips
I Spanish (or other sweet) Onion - diced
2 Cans of Stewed Tomatoes - chopped
1/4 Pound of Lean Bacon - chopped (Optional)
Pepper (we use tricolored pepper for some umfph!)
1 large non-stick pan with lid (I use my stir-fry pan)
- Fry up Onions in a non-stick pan with a little bit of 100% pure olive oil
- Cook Bacon and cut up into small bits
- Add Cabbage that has been cut into thin strips & stir up mixture to dispurse onions & bacon
- Chop in a blender, the 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes then add (1 at a time) to the pan
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste - not too much if you're watching your Sodium intake :0)
- Cover with lid & let simmer on very low until cabbage becomes tender