Cost per recipe $16.99 view details
- 2 lrg Onions peeled and coarsely
- Â Â minced (about 4 c.)
- 5 x Cloves Garlic coarsely minced
- 1 x Jalapeno pepper seeded, stem
- Â Â removed, coarsely minced
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 4Â 1/2 lb tomatoes peeled, seeded and
- Â Â coarsely minced (about 6 1/2 c. pulp and juice)
- 1 can vegetable broth low sodium, low fat 14 1/2 ounce.
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 5 x sun-dry tomatoes halved not packed in oil
- 1 can evaporated skimmed lowfat milk (12 ounce.)
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves minced
- In a large kettle, saute/fry onions (in your favorite sauteing liquid) very slowly till lightly golden brown. Add in minced garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook one or possibly two min longer.
- In a small dish combine flour, salt, sugar and cumin. With a long sturdy whisk, stir flour mix into the onions and garlic. Cook for one minute,till flour starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. Stir in tomatoes, broth and wine, and increase heat to medium-high. Stir frequently till mix comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add in the sun dry tomatoes halves, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 35 min.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or possibly food processor, stirring well after each batch. The soup should be thick and smooth. Return soup to the kettle and stir in the evaporated skim lowfat milk and basil. Heat on low till soup reaches a simmer. Serve warm or possibly hot.
- Makes 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3180g|
|Calories from Fat 132||13%|
|Total Fat 15.25g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4.93g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 149.83g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 29.4g||98%|